Want to continue improving your performance at work? Want to make your boss and co-workers truly appreciate you? Lucky for you, tis the season for resolutions and I have some ideas for you. Check out the list below for some easy ideas that can make you and your boss happier in 2014. Do you have more ideas about how to rev your career engine? Share them with us in the comments!
- Ask for feedback often. And not just during the company’s formal review period.
- Actively build your network on LinkedIn.
- Bring a positive attitude to work.
- Build a cross-functional network of people within your organization who can help you get things done.
- Find and follow some good blogs related to your field. By reading this blog you already have a head-start. Good for you!
- Update your resume, even if you aren’t looking. It’s good to have a running list of your accomplishments.
- Tell your manager about your career goals.
- Be punctual. It’s a small thing, but arriving on time for work and meetings shows respect.
- Identify and take on a project to improve your team.
- Make friends. People are happier and better employees when they have friends at work.
- Organize your life. Check out Getting Things Done by David Allen, and then actually implement the solutions.
- Learn to be a cheerleader for your co-workers. This will help create a supportive community.
- Take a vacation. You’ll be happier and more productive when you return.
- Update your facebook account so it is private to anyone except for your friends (your potential future boss does not need to see your selfies).
Latest posts by Becca McKnight (see all)
- Move from Fear to Balance by Asking Yourself the Right Questions - April 10, 2020
- Pop Quiz: What Scientific Job is Right for You? - October 18, 2019
- How Mindfulness Can Lead to a Happier Life - April 28, 2017