In a world of tangible atoms and molecules, the existence of consciousness is still regarded as a mystery. Many themes related to the nature of consciousness and the meaning of conscious evolution will be explored at this year’s International Forum on Consciousness to be held May 7-8 in Fitchburg/Madison, Wisconsin. Hosted by the BioPharmaceutical Technology Center Institute (BTC Institute) and Promega Corporation, an internationally renowned group of presenters will share their thoughts and experiences as they discuss how we may actively participate in shaping our collective future.
Across the two-day Forum, presentations include:
- Explorations into the Body of Consciousness (Charles Raison, M.D.)
- Conscious Evolution: Our Next Stage (Barbara Marx-Hubbard)
- Self-Awareness (Peter Russell, M.A., D.C.S.)
- WHAT TO REMEMBER WHEN WAKING: The Art of Shaping the Beautiful Question (David Whyte)
- Is There a Neurobiology of Collective Unconscious? (Joy Hirsch, Ph.D.)
- What Could Be an Awakened Response to Our World? (Vanja Palmers)
- Awakening the Sacred Within (Adele Getty)
- Who is Awakening? What Does it Mean to be Awake? (Brother David Steindl-Rast, O.S.B.)
In addition to the BTC Institute and Promega, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP and the Usona Institute are Platinum Sponsors of this event.
Registration is now open. The forum is limited to 350 participants. Forum registrants have the opportunity to join a presenter for a small group discussion over dinner on Thursday evening, May 7. For more information or to register, please visit: http://www.btci.org/consciousness/.
- Adele Getty, Author ofGoddess: Mother of Living Nature and A Sense of the Sacred: Finding Our Spiritual Lives Through Ceremony; Sonoma County, CA
- Joy Hirsch, Ph.D.,Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobiology and Member, Integrated Neuroscience Program, Yale School of Medicine; New Haven, CT
- William Linton,President and CEO, Promega Corporation; Madison, WI (Moderator)
- Barbara Marx Hubbard,Futurist, Author and Public Speaker, Foundation for Conscious Evolution; Santa Barbara, CA
- Vanja Palmers,Zen Priest; Switzerland
- Steve Paulson,Executive Producer, To The Best of Our Knowledge, Wisconsin Public Radio and Public Radio International; Madison, WI (Panel Moderator)
- Charles Raison, M.D.,Mike and Mary Sue Shannon Professor of Mind-Body and Family Well-being, School of Human Ecology and Professor, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin-Madison; Madison, WI
- Peter Russell, M.A., D.C.S.,Fellow, Institute of Noetic Sciences, The World Business Academy and The Findhorn Foundation; Sausalito, CA
- Brother David Steindl-Rast, O.S.B.,Benedictine Monk, A Network for Grateful Living; Austria
- David Whyte, Poet, Author, Lecturer; Whidbey Island, WA
Additional information, including presenter biosketches, is available at http://www.btci.org/consciousness/.