This post written by guest blogger, Caroline Davis, Promega Technical Services Scientist.
Have you ever wished that you could have a scientist explain to you how to perform and optimize an experiment? Or do you want to learn more about your new area of research and wish that a scientist could present you with an overview of the field and discuss experimental approaches rather than having to do all of the background research yourself? Or are you interested in one of Promega’s instruments and would like to learn more about how to use the instrument and all of its features? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then a Promega Labinar may be right for you.
What is a Labinar?
A Promega Labinar is the next best thing to an in-person visit from one of our scientists. You simply tell us what you would like to learn about and a Promega Technical Service Scientist will prepare a presentation for you. The presentation will be live, not pre-recorded, and the level of detail will be tailored to meet your needs and experience.
How does it work?
You will need an internet connected computer or projection screen, as well as internet connected speakers or a speaker phone. Promega’s technical services department will send you instructions on how to “attend” the Labinar and test the video and audio connection with you ahead of time. There will be two-way audio so that you can comment, ask questions and fully participate in the seminar, just like an in-person seminar.
Examples of Previous Labinars
GloMax® Multi+ Detection System with Instinct® Software
- Discussed advantages of epifluorescence
- Showed videos of data export and sample tray cover removal tricks
- Demonstrated how to use Instinct® software to analyze
How to use BacTiter-Glo™ to test the water samples for bacteria contamination
- Discussed each step of the protocol
- Held an in depth discussion with customers on best way to analyze the data
Enhanced Protein Mass Spectrometry Analysis with Trypsin/Lys-C Mix
- Presented advantages of Tryspin/Lys-C
- Discussed recommended use of the enzyme mixture
- Showed application data
Tecan Freedom EVO® HSM Workstation
- Discussed different sample types and volumes of samples that can be used in the instrument
- Walked through setup of instrument for a typical blood extraction run
- Covered common issues/errors and how to address them and recover samples
Maxwell® 16 FFPE Purification
- Discussed the advantages of the chemistry in terms of yield and purity
- Examined data and DNA/RNA use in downstream applications
- Looked at pitfalls associated with sample integrity and age
To learn more about Promega’s Labinar series, please visit Labinars – Personalized Seminars For Your Lab or contact us at email@example.com
About Technical Services
Labinars are presented by the scientists of Promega’s Technical Services team. We are highly experienced scientists, with an average of over 10 years at the bench. We have a broad range of expertise in a variety of techniques, disciplines and model systems, and extensive experience with Promega products and resources. Our motto is “Scientists serving Scientists” – let us serve you!
Latest posts by Promega (see all)
- Which DNA Do I Use? How to Choose Your Control and Other DNA Samples - March 1, 2018
- National Optimism Month—Make it a Year - February 26, 2018
- Adventure in Belize - February 23, 2018